Resources & Guides
Most Popular Resources
- How to Choose A Marketing Research Partner
- Download A Research Brief Template
- Focus Group Research Cost Calculator
Qualitative Research Resources
- Good Thinking: A Guide to Qualitative Research, Wendy Gordon
- Secrets of a Master Moderator, Naomi R. Henderson
- Interpreting Qualitative Data, David Silverman
Advertising Research Resources
- Testing to Destruction, A Fresh and Critical Look at the Uses of Research in Advertising, Alan Hedges
- World Advertising Research Center (WARC): a global data base of case studies and articles on advertising best practice. www.warc.com
- The Advertised Mind: Groundbreaking Insights Into How Our Brains Respond to Advertising, Erik du Plessis
- The Hidden Power of Advertising: How Low Involvement Processing Influences the Way We Choose Brands, Robert Heath
- How Advertising Works: A Review of Current Thinking, Colin McDonald
- Is Your Advertising Working?: A Guide to Evaluating Campaign Effectiveness, Colin McDonald
- Copy Testing: Practice and Best Practice: Tim Ambler and Scott Goldstein
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind: Al Ries
- Epic: The Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference. The Epic Conference promotes the use of ethnographic investigations and principles in the study of human behavior as they are applied in business settings. http://epiconference.com/
- Ethnography for Marketers: A guide to consumer immersion, Hy Mariampolski
- Practical Ethnography: A Guide to Doing Ethnography in the Private Sector, Sam Ladner
- The Interpretation of Cultures, Clifford Geertz
- The World of Goods: Towards an Anthropology of Consumption, Mary Douglas
Marketing Semiotics Resources
- Demystifying Semiotics: Some Key Questions Answered. Rachel Lawes.
- SEMIOTICS, CULTURE AND COMMUNICATIONS: THE COMMON SENSE OF THE 21st CENTURY, Malcolm Evans
- Marketing Semiotics: Signs, Culture and Brand Value, Laura Oswald.
- This means this, this means that: A user’s guide to Semiotics, Sean Hall
- Introducing Semiotics: A Graphic Guide, Paul Cobley and Litza Janitz
- I is an Other: The Secret Life of Metaphor and How it Shapes the Way We See the World, James Geary
- Persuasive Signs: The Semiotics of Advertising, Ron Beasley & Marcel Danesi
Canadian Culture Resources
- Fire and Ice: The United States, Canada, and the Myth of Converging Values, Michael Adams
- How to Be a Canadian, Will Ferguson
- Canada and the United States: Differences that Count, David M. Thomas
Website Usability Resources
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Guide to Web Usability, Steve Krug
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problem, Steve Krug
- Usability Testing Essentials: Ready, Set…Test!, Carol Barnum
Marketing Research & Strategy Professional Associations
- Esomar: World Association for Market, Social and Opinion Research. Hosts many great global conferences.
- Qualitative Research Consultants’ Association. U.S.A. Hosts QRCA Conference.
- Association for Qualitative Research. U.K. Provides workshops and training.
- Market Research Society: The World’s Leading Authority on Research and Business Intelligence. U.K. Offers first class training.
- Canadian Research Insights Council. Canada. Offers training in quantitative and qualitative research and hosts an annual conference.
- RIVA Training Institute: The Authoritative Provider of Moderator Training in North America.